This vegan tartare sauce is so easy to make and such a great accompaniment to many food. Think of roasted vegetables, celeriac fritters, or use it as a dressing.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
🥣 Main ingredients
- silken tofu
- linseed oil (or olive oil)
It is so easy to make. I had to add this vegan tartare sauce recipe to my website, as it is such a great thing to have in your fridge. You can pre-make it, and it keeps for 3-4 days in the fridge (if you used a freshly opened package of silken tofu).
All your non-vegan friends will be amazed to find out that this sauce is vegan. It is creamy, tasty and light. No egg mayonnaise used in the process!
The recipe will give you 1 bowl of tartare sauce, so the nutritional value card is for the whole amount. You can be generous with this sauce, without feeling guilty. ENJOY! Please remember to add @haricoco1 on your Instagram posts of this sauce. I LOVE to see your pictures.
*I have another recipe of a great tartare sauce on my site. Which takes a little bit longer to make, but is such a delish! But this vegan tartare sauce is quicker, and lighter.
- 180 grams (½ package) silken tofu
- 50 ml (¼ cup) linseed oil (or olive oil)
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 Tablespoon capers finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon gurkens finely chopped
- ½ Tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ Tablespoon chopped dill
- pinch of salt
- Blend the silken tofu, oil, lemon juice, mustard and a pinch of salt in a blender or food processor, until smooth.
- Add the chopped capers, gurkens, and herbs.
- Stir, and keep in the fridge until serving time.
Leave a Reply