A delicious, rich and warming vegan stroganoff soup. Great as a comforting meal or as a energising lunch. Originally the classic beef stroganoff comes from Russia. But it has become so popular all over the world, that nowadays you can find many variations of stroganoff. Like this incredible vegan rendition of a Stroganoff soup.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
🥘 Main ingredients
- vegetable oil
- sweet smoked paprika
- home-made vegetable stock
- your preferred pasta shapes
- tomato paste
- sherry vinegar
- plant based cooking cream
- Fresh parsley
💭 Tips on variations
It is rich, full and with deep umami flavours. I have used a mixture of mushrooms in this recipe; button mushrooms, oyster mushrooms and some chanterelles. These mushrooms give it a nice deep umami flavour, and meat-like textures. You can easily just use button mushrooms, instead of the mixture.
This soup is great the way it is, with a piece of nice rustic bread to accompany. But it is really nice as well with a good spoonful of cashew sour cream on top. It is very easy and quick to make. You can find the sour cream recipe in my 'baked potato with cashew sour cream' recipe.
🍷 Wine pairing
This is the type of soup with which you can grab your red's out of the cellar. I wouldn't go for a deep and heavy red. But a nice, fruity pinot noir or a young gamay (beaujolais) would match these mushrooms beautifully.
I hope you enjoy this hearty wintery vegan stroganoff soup. I would love to see your instagram pictures of this recipe. Make sure to add @haricoco1 to your pictures.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 750 g 8 cups chopped mushrooms ( i used mixed), roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1250 ml 5 cups home-made vegetable stock
- 180 g 2 cups of your preferred pasta shapes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoon of your preferred plant based cooking cream
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the mushrooms, onions and garlic with a pinch of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika and the sherry vinegar and stir well to get all the flavours from the bottom op the pan.
- Stir in the tomato paste and the vegetable stock, bring to the boil.
- Add the pasta shapes and leave on a simmer until cooked al dente (check the package)
- Stir in your preferred plant based cooking cream.
- Season to taste and add some chopped parsley on top