These vegan meringues are very easy and simple to make. You won't need any 'difficult to get' ingredients, most likely you can find everything you need in your cupboard.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
🍨 Main ingredients
- lemon juice
- orange blossom
- plant based yoghurt vanille
- chocolate shavings
💭 Thoughts & tips
Just follow the basic vegan meringues recipe as mentioned in the recipe, and add any toppings you like! In this recipe I used raspberry and chocolate. I have chosen to add vanilla yoghurt, but you can use any type of non-dairy creaminess. Like for example, a sweet labna. To make a labna just 'hang' a soya-based natural yoghurt overnight using a muslin. The day after add any interesting sweetness to your liking. Like a orange blossom, rose blossom or Vanilla. It gives a beautiful Middle eastern twist to your dessert. Especially when you decide to top it with pistachio's.
*tip; If the weather is extremely humid, do not pre-make the meringues, but bake them last minute. As they won't last long in high humid areas.
Enjoy your vegan meringues experience, and let me know how it went. Please add @haricoco1 to your Instagram pictures, I LOVE to see your pictures.
- 50 ml (¼ cup) aquafaba cold
- 60 grams (⅓ cup) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanille powder or extract
- ½ teaspoon orange blossom
- 25 raspberries
- 8 Tablespoon plant based yoghurt vanille
- 8 grams (1 Tbsp) chocolate shavings
- In a large glass clean bowl poor the cold aguafaba and a splash of lemon juice, With a clean electric whisk, start whisking the aquafaba until more than doubled in volume.
- Slowly start adding the sugar, a spoonful at a time, until all the sugar is well dissolved and mixed in with the aquafaba.
- Add the vanille and orange blossom (while whisking).
- Your mixture should be nice, stiff and shiny.
- Put the mixture in a piping bag, and start piping your meringues in 4 nest shapes, and use the rest for small drop shapes.
- Bake the meringues in a preheated oven 130C , for 45 minutes. Depending on the size of your meringues you might need to extend the timing with another 30 minutes on 100C.
- When your meringues feel 'set' to touch. Take them out of the oven.
- Fill 1 meringues nest with 2 tablespoon of vanille yoghurt, and top with fresh raspberries. Scatter some of the small meringues around with some of the raspberries, finally sprinkle the plate with chocolate shavings.