Who doesn't like chocolate mousse? This easy and quick to prepare vegan chocolate mousse is so velvety smooth. On top of that , it is guilt free, as it is a very light dessert.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
🍰 Main ingredients
- silken tofu
- vegan chocolate
- agave syrup
- confit ginger
YES, this is all you need!
You want to take your vegan chocolate dessert a step further, then check out my chocolate fudge cake, YUM!
💭 Thoughts and ideas
It is super easy to prepare ahead, so perfect for your dinner parties. If you want to make it more festive, add some fresh berries and some fresh mint on top.
You can of course adjust the sweetness by adding more agave, or maple syrup. I used agave in this recipe, but maple will go beautiful as well. Just make sure you blend it for a good few minutes as this will really help it's texture.
🍷 Wine pairing
Wine pairing; Chocolate and wine... Yummy!! Think Sweet, sweeter, sweetest. Chocolate needs to be matched with sweet wines.
A vintage port, a Madeira, or a sweet sherry works magic. If you happen to be in France, get a really good banyuls from the Southern Roussillon area. The reflecting Mediterranean sun makes for beautiful sweet wines there.
Go ahead, and try this easy, quick and light recipe. And you will be amazed about the magic of silken tofu. Please add @haricoco1 to your Instagram posts, Because I LOVE to see your vegan chocolate mousse desserts, adding your own inspiration. ENJOY!
- 160 grams silken tofu half a pack
- 60 grams (⅓ cup) vegan chocolate chopped in small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon agave syrup
- 5 pieces of confit ginger
- Start with melting the chocolate 'au bain marie' style, and leave to cool
- Blend the silken tofu and Agave syrup in a blender until nice and smooth
- When the chocolate has cooled down a little, add the chocolate to the blender, and blend well until smooth and even in colour
- Scoop the mixture into glasses or cups and leave in the fridge for minimum 1 hour.
- Cut or rasp the confit ginger in small pieces and drizzle over the chocolate mousse.
Leave a Reply