Ok, not really a recipe, But this strawberry tasting is a great experience for you, your family, or as dessert with your dinner guests. Truly a unique flavour experience which will surprise your guests and they will Love it!
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
With this 'recipe' the Ingredients are simple. Get as many different variations of strawberries, and peppercorns. Secondly shave a bit of dark chocolate, and add some mint leaves.
Believe me, This combination is heaven!
Of course, if you wish, you can find more 'traditional' vegan desserts on my site.
I normally leave the peppercorns whole, and place a pestle and mortar on the table for those who wish to grind their peppercorns.
Before making your strawberry tasting platter write little notes with the names of the strawberry variations and the peppercorn names. In my local area I could get my hands on;
- Strawberries; Dream, Magnum, and Gariguette.
- Peppercorns; Korerima (actually a black cardamom), Madagascar peppers, Pondicherry, Rose, Green, and Sichuan.
Together with the dark vegan chocolate shavings and some mint you will have a fantastic tasting platter.
Let your guests taste various strawberries with different peppercorns. You will see the surprise on their faces. The Combinations are unique. Most likely everyone will have their own preference. So interesting conversations are guaranteed!
🍷 Wine pairing
In general we are used to serve a dessert style wine with desserts. To pair well with the sweetness of a dessert. In this case though I would actually suggest a not too heavy fruity red. Because of the combination with the tasting of the sweet strawberry and the spicy peppers.
The perfect combination in my opinion would be a Pinot noir from the Haut cote de Nuits, Burgundy. Their firm reds with a straightforward taste of lively red fruits, like cherry. A hint of spice. Fresh, and not too fleshy.
I hope you try and enjoy this strawberry tasting! Show me your tasting platters by adding @haricoco1 to your Instagram post, or comment down below!
- 36 various strawberries
- 6 various peppercorns whole
- 1 bar vegan dark chocolate
- mint leaves
- Write little notes with the variations of strawberries and variations of peppercorns you could find on it.
- Wash all the strawberries, and cut some in half. Make sure to keep the variations well separated.
- Prepare a serving platter. Shave or grate the dark chocolate on the platter.
- Add the different variations of strawberries, and peppercorns, and place the right notes with each ingredient.
- Decorate with some mint leaves