Delicious, velvety smooth vegan chocolate mousse with berries. A dessert that you can fully enjoy without feeling 'stuffed'. This mousse is so light, that you can eat it anytime you feel like a sweet treat. The base of this chocolate mousse is silken tofu. A great non-dairy substitute to make anything smooth and creamy.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
🍫 Main ingredients
- dark vegan chocolate
- silken tofu
- maple syrup or agave syrup
- vanilla extract
- eatable flowers
- vanilla paste
- orange blossom water
You can change the topping to your own liking; fruit, nuts, or more chocolate!
Chocolate mousse with confit ginger is as well a great combi!
🍷 Wine pairing
For the wine pairing I can keep all chocolate dishes pretty much the same; Chocolate needs to be matched with sweet wines. A vintage port, a Madeira, or a sweet sherry works magic. If you happen to be in France, get a really good banyuls from the Southern Roussillon area. The reflecting Mediterranean sun makes for beautiful sweet wines there.
Surprise your guests with this super light vegan chocolate mousse, and let me know what you think of it. I always LOVE to see photos of your own creations. Please add @haricoco1 to your Instagram posts. ENJOY!
For the mousse:
- 125 grams (⅔ cup) dark vegan chocolate chopped in smaller pieces
- 340 grams (1 pack) silken tofu
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping;
- 115 grams (¾ cup) pistachio roughly crushed
- 6 strawberries
- 20 blueberries infused in orange water syrup
- 6 raspberries chopped in smaller pieces
- 15 eatable flowers
For the orange water syrup;
- 100 grams (⅓ cup) agave syrup
- 1 orange zest
- ½ orange juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- 10 peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon orange blossom water
For the infused blueberries;
- Bring the agave syrup to the boil. Take of the heat and add the zest, vanilla paste and peppercorns, Leave to sit for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes add the orange juice and orange blossom water, and strain out the spices.
- Pour the syrup over the blueberries and set aside.
For the mousse;
- Melt the chocolate together with the coconut oil, au bain marie. Set aside to cool down a little.
- In a blender, blend the silken tofu together with the maple or agave syrup and vanilla extract. Until it has reach a nice smooth texture.
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil mixture, and blend shortly again.
- Scoop into some bowls, cups, or glasses, and leave to set in the fridge (minimum 30 minutes)
- Before serving, sprinkle a layer of pistachio crunch on top with the infused blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and add some little eatable flowers.