This black olive tapenade is so easy and quick to make. It serves great as party food with some bread sticks or on a piece of toast. But you can use this salty savoury spread on your favourite sandwiches, or mix it through some al dente pasta.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
🥘 Main ingredients
- pitted black olives
- olive oil
- fresh thyme
- sal& black pepper
I love having this spread ready in my fridge, as it just serves great for little snacks, and sandwich spreads. You can keep it in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
Enjoy making this tapenade, it is so easy and quick! Don't season before tasting, as the olives and capers are very salty already. You can de-salt them a bit by rinsing them before use. *Note; the nutrition facts label is for a whole bowl of black olive tapenade.
Please add @haricoco1 if you make this recipe and post on instagram, or feel free to comment below, I always love to hear and see your creations.
- 160 g 1 cup pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- black pepper
- Rinse the capers to de-salt them a bit
- Check the pitted olives to make sure no pips are left in by accident, as this can really cause havoc for your blender / food processor.
- Put everything in your food processor, and blend until you get your desired texture. (some like it chunky, some like it smooth)
- Add some freshly ground black pepper, and check if it needs extra salt (the olives are often already salty enough)